Return to Hobie.com

Hobie Forums

It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:47 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:38 am
Posts: 12
Looking at an 84k (hull id) coleman hulled boat,any advice on looking at hull frt
beam area..it does not have the d bracket under frt beam, just where the shrouds
attach

_________________
Detroit..north of


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:59 pm 
Online
Site Admin

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 12:44 pm
Posts: 12161
Location: Oceanside, California
Needs to be reinforced inside the hull for sure... reinforcement plates are no longer available.

_________________
Matt Miller
Director of Parts and Accessory Sales
Warranty and Technical Support
Hobie Cat USA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:45 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Admiral

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:04 am
Posts: 241
Location: Bowie, MD
mmiller wrote:
reinforcement plates are no longer available.


:(

Any other important parts we need to start hoarding, Matt?

Jim Doty


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:29 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 3:15 pm
Posts: 487
Location: Buffalo, NY
jim-doty wrote:
Any other important parts we need to start hoarding, Matt?

+1

Thankfully I got a set for my boat a few years ago, guess I'll have to make sure to take them with me if I ever sell it and get another. They didn't seem hard to come by at the time, I didn't expect to hear they're out of stock now.

_________________
Mike
Image
'79 H18 standard 'Rocketman II' sail #14921


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:05 pm 
Offline
Hobie Approved Guru

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:11 pm
Posts: 5133
Location: Detroit, MI
Dealers may have them in stock, but once they're gone, they're gone.

Murray's still has them on their site: https://www.murrays.com/product/50-64130001/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:55 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:27 pm
Posts: 6
If Hobie was so kind as to provide a drawing, or if somebody had one that wasn’t installed...seems like most decent machine shops should be able to duplicate those without too much trouble?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:17 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:14 pm
Posts: 457
Location: West MI
Yes any sheet metal shop that specializes in stainless should be able to make these. Laser cut the shape and form on a brake press. Requires a flat blank drawing and a form drawing. The flat drawing can be derived from a form drawing. Just don't expect the highly chromed finish.

_________________
DVL 1989 H-18 Worlds Boat, Magnum Wings & Spinnaker

dale.vanlopik"at"att"dot"net


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:57 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:07 am
Posts: 4
Still Looking? Matt nailed it down although they are still avail from Murrays. Look inside the port holes to see
if they reinforced the hull decks where they meet the bottoms... see threads about the Red Line hulls and check for
mushy deck spots!!! Where there is smoke, there are problems.

If you're not prepared to do some fiberglass/carbon fiber work on the hull interiors to strengthen them ( or pay someone else- chachingggg $$$), don't take the risk. :o

I invested around $90 and 20 hours to strengthen my Red Lines with carbon fiber cloth.
cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:36 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:41 pm
Posts: 1
MBounds wrote:
Dealers may have them in stock, but once they're gone, they're gone.

Murray's still has them on their site: https://www.murrays.com/product/50-64130001/

I placed an order with Murrays on Nov 1st, just after reading this post. Three weeks later, I called them to ask about the order status.

Turns out Murrays also ran out of stock, however, they are apparently getting a batch of 100 custom made, ETA sometime in January.

Cheers!

(Edit: fix formatting of quoted text)


Last edited by rfs613 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:15 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 3:15 pm
Posts: 487
Location: Buffalo, NY
rfs613 wrote:
MBounds wrote:
Dealers may have them in stock, but once they're gone, they're gone.

Murray's still has them on their site: https://www.murrays.com/product/50-64130001/


I placed an order with Murrays on Nov 1st, just after reading this post. Three weeks later, I called them to ask about the order status.

Turns out Murrays also ran out of stock, however, they are apparently getting a batch of 100 custom made, ETA sometime in January.

Cheers!


Wow! Now that's customer service!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:10 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Admiral

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:22 pm
Posts: 262
SabresfortheCup wrote:
rfs613 wrote:
MBounds wrote:
Dealers may have them in stock, but once they're gone, they're gone.

Murray's still has them on their site: https://www.murrays.com/product/50-64130001/


I placed an order with Murrays on Nov 1st, just after reading this post. Three weeks later, I called them to ask about the order status.

Turns out Murrays also ran out of stock, however, they are apparently getting a batch of 100 custom made, ETA sometime in January.

Cheers!


Wow! Now that's customer service!


Thank You Steve, Dray and Tom!!!!

_________________
H18 '85
H18 '89 "Knotty Passion"
H20 '96 "20/20 Vision"
Fleet 259 Central Coast California


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
© Hobie Cat Company. All rights reserved.
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group