Return to Hobie.com

Hobie Forums

It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:11 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hobie 18', I think it's 1981. Comes with trailer with winch and mast supports. Everything is in good condition except for the right hull which has a 10" crack and delamination and isn't floating well. I can email photos of the problems as it appears one can't post photos on this forum. Left hull is completely dry. The hulls are stained because I kept it in the lake this summer, probably not a great thing for fiberglass hulls but I didn't have a lot of choice if I wanted to keep sailing. The main sail and jib are in great condition, mast great, cross bars great, trampoline great, shrouds and hardware complete. Boat has a new jib furler, tramp cover, and sail bag which I will throw in for the right price/conditions. I don't have the time or skills to repair the cracked right hull and so am throwing in the towel and buying a new Getaway which should stand up better to spending the summer floating next to my dock. Hobie USA told me someone would want this beautiful, fast boat. I have had so much fun with it and it's still got a lot of good sailing left to it. I paid $2500 last year for it not knowing what I was buying and would now accept any reasonable price. Asking $2500 OBO. Just want to make room for the new Getaway. The boat is trailered in northeast Georgia on Lake Allatoona, and I can meet you part way. Cash only please. Serious Calls Only to four oh four eight two four one zero zero eight.