Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:56 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

This is a 10.5 mile race down the Colorado River, just south of the Parker Dam to Parker, AZ. The great thing about it is, it is all downstream! There are several hundred entrants from all over the western states and Hawaii in OC-1, 2, 6 (Hawaiian outriggers), surfskis, SUPS and who ever else wants to race. There are multiple SUP classes, and if there are at least 5 Eclipse entrants, they will designate this as a class!

We went as a tandem kayak 4 years ago as the only Hobie entry, and although we didn't win anything, we had a lot of fun, the weather was great and the crowd was congenial. This notice may be a little early, but it gives everyone plenty of time to get in shape for the race! :mrgreen:

Here's a link: https://www.facebook.com/ADRanotherdamrace/

How often do you get a chance to race down the Colorado river? Hope to see some of you there! 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:36 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

The above link has been updated and registration is open. Here are some pics of last year's race showing some of the different classes.

SUPS and related boards

Kayaks, OC 1's, 2s and surf skis

OC-6s

Eclipse class this year? It's up to you. We'll be in the Tandem again and are also hoping to make a Mirage class! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:43 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

For all those who have been waiting for the latest update, here it is.

The main web site is now open: http://www.anotherdamrace.us/

Your $45 entry fee includes T-shirt, nice lunch and (I think ) raffle ticket for some nice prizes.

I have been told the entry fee price goes up July 19 , but you don't get any extra lunch for the extra money. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:39 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Entered my 'first' 4th of July "2 mile Paddleboard event", today. Me-Mover (3-wheeled 'stepper' scooter) was a great 'training vehicle' for the Hobie Mirage Eclipse (Stepper Board), but the SUN and HEAT were a 'killer'. I did 'finish', and didn't fall off, BUT did get 'caught' by two fisherman off a dock, ..... and had to get 'untangled', from the 'mirage drive'!