Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:43 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello,

I purchased two (2) Eclipse 12' just 2 weeks ago. I've had them out just two times, a total of 2 hours on flat water, and noticed gouge marks on the drums of the Mirage Drives. In addition, there appears to be gouge and indentation marks on the Click & Go Lever area of one Eclipse. I am assuming that both Mirage Drives were used on the Eclipse that shows gouge marks on the Click & Go area. I purchased the Eclipses online and contacted the seller-Austin Canoe & Kayak. Additionally, contacted Hobie, and sent them pictures of the damage. Hoping that they replace the two drums of the Mirage Drives and the one Eclipse which seems to have the Click & Go Lever assembly misaligned. Unfortunately, ruined the 4th of July, had family over and took a week off to enjoy the SUPs.
Can anyone tell me how quickly Hobie Warranty Service takes to make a determination? Appreciate it. Any other thoughts on how the damage may have occurred?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:44 am 
Site Admin

Bummer that it messed up the Holiday. Likely one of the levers was not closed which allowed the drive to torque to the side on each pedal stroke. Warranty is pretty quick. The dealer files the claim. Our staff here will respond ASAP, but due to the holiday and short week... may be Monday or so until the claim is reviewed.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:43 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks for responding Matt,

The Mirage Drive clicked in on both outings and was checked before launchings.

At the end of each outing, my wife had trouble removing the Drive. The Lever would not stay retracted. I had to come over and hold the lever back in order to remove the Drive.

Again, appreciate the words, but Eclipses are sitting on my porch and not in the water until this is resolved. Dealer locally has both Drives to view the damage and file claim. Expected to have a product that fucntioned without a problem, specially after only two uses. Frustrating to say the least.

Holefully, it gets resolved early next week.

Karl