Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:25 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi Everybody- I am looking for a suggestion on where to place a micro cleat so I don't have to hold on to the main sheet line all the time. Has anyone installed one on a Hobie Compass? If so, can you send a pictue or describe where to locate it. I sail the Mirage Compas with AMA's so I have the bar behind my seat. I don't know if I should locate the cleat back by the right rod holder or up on the side of the boat by my right leg near the cup holder.
I have the furler on my right side, and with the rudder dial on the left, I think it should be on the right side somewhere. Thanks in advance for any help. Murray

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:49 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Here is what I did for my sail kit on my Compass. I put the cleat on a piece of HDPE. I didn't want the cleat attached permanently as I don't sail often.
This arrangement works well for me. I used some PVC to route the main sheet to keep things tidy.

I did something similar on the port side for my furling/unfurling rig.

Bryan
aka AlabamaKayaker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:17 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi Bryan,
Thanks for the tip. Some interesting ideas I wouldn't have thought of. For the HDPE, where do you buy that material and where do you get the two handle nuts to fasten to your rail system? Would have not thought of bringing the main sheet line in front, then put the cleat behind it but it makes sense. Sweet. Murray