Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: My Compass Setup
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:49 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:53 am
Posts: 14
Wow....what a sweet looking Compass.

What color Seadek to you choose? What do you recommend for slate blue? Let me know at your convenience.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Compass Setup
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 919
Location: Lake Park, GA
Gary J Domain wrote:
Wow....what a sweet looking Compass.

What color Seadek to you choose? What do you recommend for slate blue? Let me know at your convenience.

Thanks


Gary,

The Seadek is Olive Green with a Starburst Yellow trim. The Starburts Yellow is close to the Seagrass color. if I had a Slate Blue Compass I would use a medium gray and either a black trim or a color the same as the Slate Blue for trim if SeaDek had a matching or close color. Order a sample kit. They are free and come with every color you can get SeaDek in.

Glad you like the setup. :wink:

_________________
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Compass Setup
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:32 pm
Posts: 1
SRAces wrote:
ttommy wrote:
Are the H rail secure enough to lift the Compass with the rails?


Mine are. :wink:
Can you elaborate? I am looking at installing rails in the same locations. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Compass Setup
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:23 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 919
Location: Lake Park, GA
jasone510 wrote:
SRAces wrote:
ttommy wrote:
Are the H rail secure enough to lift the Compass with the rails?


Mine are. :wink:
Can you elaborate? I am looking at installing rails in the same locations. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk


I have no issue lifting my Compass using the H-Rails as long as the Compass is not loaded down. Same with my PA14.

_________________
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Compass Setup
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:13 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:53 am
Posts: 14
SRAces wrote:
Gary J Domain wrote:
Wow....what a sweet looking Compass.

What color Seadek to you choose? What do you recommend for slate blue? Let me know at your convenience.

Thanks


Gary,

The Seadek is Olive Green with a Starburst Yellow trim. The Starburts Yellow is close to the Seagrass color. if I had a Slate Blue Compass I would use a medium gray and either a black trim or a color the same as the Slate Blue for trim if SeaDek had a matching or close color. Order a sample kit. They are free and come with every color you can get SeaDek in.

Glad you like the setup. :wink:


Thank you Steve, I appreciate the information.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Compass Setup
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:20 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:53 am
Posts: 14
SRAces wrote:
LoneWolf wrote:
Thanks for the response. I’m going to do a demo soon but your comments confirm my thoughts so far. I mainly fish small lakes and back bay areas. I don’t go out front usually. I really don’t use many of the PA features so other than the seat I don’t think I will be missing much. I usually carry one fly rod and 3 other rods. All my tackle is confined to one bag. That’s pretty much it. I load my PA12 on my truck so it’s not too difficult but weight is weight. I really don’t even stand that much but that’s because the seat is so comfortable. So it sounds like the seat is going to be the big issue for me. I’m hoping they come out with a camo version too!


I normally carry 4 rods and they are all on 4 rod holders on my Blackpak behind the seat. The Blackpak has a small Magellan cooler with 4-5 bottles of water. I also keep a couple of hand towels, bug spray, snacks and 1 plastic tackle box with all my hard lures in it. The rectangular hatch in the floor has my bags of soft plastics, jigheads, hooks, spools of leader, scissors, etc.. So not a lot of tackle carried. The only items I don't have in the Compass when I slide it out of the truck for unloading with the HD cart are the rods, MD180 and the Blackpak. I just roll it down to the launch area, unhook the retainer on the cart and lift the stern up and swing it around to clear the cart. Then I load the Blackpak, add the rods and clip the MD180 to the lanyard...I am good.

Spent 10 hours in the Compass and never got sore. It's a little lower in the water, so angled waves might splash you a little more than the PA, but it does well even in white caps. I cured my seat comfort by taking one of those square marine throw cushions with the straps on them. I remove one of the 2 layers of foam cushion and it's now more like a comfy stadium cushion. Works perfectly! :wink:


Hi Steve

What company sells the white blackpak? Where did you get the clips to hold the hog trough? Thanks again for the SeaDek info. Cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Compass Setup
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:04 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 919
Location: Lake Park, GA
Gary J Domain wrote:
Hi Steve

What company sells the white blackpak? Where did you get the clips to hold the hog trough? Thanks again for the SeaDek info. Cheers


Gary,

Do a Google search for "Blackpak White" and you will find some. They are made by YakAttack. YakAttack discontinued the white color for a little while. Looks like they brought it back with black rod tubes and the top corners molded in black. The Hawg Trough holders can be found on YakAttack's website and a few others.

Steve

_________________
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Compass Setup
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:38 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:53 am
Posts: 14
Hi Steve

Thank you again....You The Man. LOL

Regards

Gary


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
© Hobie Cat Company. All rights reserved.
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group