Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:34 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Roadrunner wrote:
Compliments will get you everywhere, you silver tongued devil. Besides, if you were sharp enough to buy a Hobie, you can't be all that bad. I want to help. First I'm going to send you a spelling and grammar book, care of your local dealer if you'll be so kind as to tell me who it is. Second, I'll share the secret with you about how to engrave a serial number on a Hobie. Pay close attention:

If your dealer can write, he can do this with a little practice. You, on the other hand, should not attempt it because it might precipitate another massive inconvenience and we don't need another one of those! Good luck. :wink:

Sooo, and pay close attention, you are implying he buy an engraving tool then put his own serial number on his boat? Why not suggest he make the last digit a 9 rather than an 8? Or maybe wait until you have a legitimate complaint then people can be as condescending to you as you are to the OP. That should be fun for all.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:51 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

kayak99 wrote:
Sooo, and pay close attention, you are implying he buy an engraving tool then put his own serial number on his boat? Why not suggest he make the last digit a 9 rather than an 8?
Great point, but that would be dishonest, wouldn't it? And when the sequence number doesn't match up with the fictitious year, the perpetrator would have to answer some tough questions. That would be bad advice. I specifically recommended that the dealer engrave the serial # and made no implication otherwise. The information was for the OP to hopefully give to the dealer, since the dealer is not part of this topic and apparently not knowledgeable about his ability to engrave the SN.

Quote:
Or maybe wait until you have a legitimate complaint then people can be as condescending to you as you are to the OP.
The OP has a legitimate complaint and it appears that the Company has attempted to rectify it and sent a complimentary accessory for his inconvenience. Any condescension that you perceive may be mistaken for a simple minded approach by a simple minded person (me) in an effort to help resolve the legitimize complaint. The forum is a great place to solve problems and share ideas. Let me apologize to anyone who finds my information offensive in any way. And, if I start badmouthing the Company that has immeasurably enriched my life with health, pleasure and recreation, then I deserve what I get! 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:37 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I did find a second serial number(hidden) on my kayak.