Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seat 'rocks'?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:34 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

My seat rocks a little when peddling....or maybe rattles is a better word. I've only been out twice for five hours each, and I'm new to any peddle kayak, but I've been a little frustrated so far at the noise while peddling. It may well be that I dont have seat straps adjusted perfect....or my seated position, or peddle adjustments aren't correct yet. I've got things where I think I'm comfortable, but when moving at a decent clip, the seat rocks slightly and knocks fairly loudly. Similar experiences? Or suggestions on posture or adjustments? Would appreciate feedback from others.

Post subject: Re: Seat 'rocks'?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:30 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

DaveS wrote:
My seat rocks a little when peddling....or maybe rattles is a better word. I've only been out twice for five hours each, and I'm new to any peddle kayak, but I've been a little frustrated so far at the noise while peddling. It may well be that I dont have seat straps adjusted perfect....or my seated position, or peddle adjustments aren't correct yet. I've got things where I think I'm comfortable, but when moving at a decent clip, the seat rocks slightly and knocks fairly loudly. Similar experiences? Or suggestions on posture or adjustments? Would appreciate feedback from others.

Make sure the seat back straps are secured on each side to the pad eyes on each sidewall and not the seat base. It's the seat back being secured to the side walls that prevents any rocking motion. Folks that hooked the seat back straps to the seat base experienced the rocking motion. The seat base is where you hook the shock cord hooks on each side as a preventative measure to keep the seat from departing the hull if you flip the Compass. :wink:

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

Post subject: Re: Seat 'rocks'?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:36 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thank you much! Made a big difference.