Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HELIX 5
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:47 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

New to the forum, 72 young and a new owner of a compass. I purchased a compass last year and been out 3 times this year. could not get out last year because of health issues so the compass was land bond all summer last year. love the kayak and the exercise I get from it. first time out got blown off the water in 20 mins. second time out picked a different lake on spent 8 hours on the water and caught a few small crappies and a trout. yesterday 10 hours and 8 trout with the biggest 6 pounds, but the only downfall is my hook 2 that I bought last year, the thing looses bottom and has vertical lines ever few feet. been to Lowrance site and did all the adj and settings they tell you that would correct this issue. no luck! been on you tube and this seems to be the issues that everybody is having. I am thinking of putting a helix 5 on my kayak but do not know if the transducer will fit the compass. so if any one has put a helix 5 on there compass please let me know if this possible. THANKS

Post subject: Re: HELIX 5
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:15 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Welcome. I'm pretty new to the forum myself. Sorry I don't have any input on the Helix 5 but I'm interested to hear what folks have to say. I have a Lowrance hook 5 and have had issues from the day I pulled it out of the box. The customer service has tried to work through the issues but it's just not a good product in my opinion. I'm looking to switch to another brand. Heard the Dragonfly is also good.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:45 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi have a Helix 7 with the upgraded SI transducer. Also interested in responses.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:13 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Swfinatic wrote:
Welcome. I'm pretty new to the forum myself. Sorry I don't have any input on the Helix 5 but I'm interested to hear what folks have to say. I have a Lowrance hook 5 and have had issues from the day I pulled it out of the box. The customer service has tried to work through the issues but it's just not a good product in my opinion. I'm looking to switch to another brand. Heard the Dragonfly is also good.

What issues do you have? even at anchor mine is telling me I am going 3 mph. I see that hobie has a adapter for hummingbird for the transducer but I do not if it will work with the compass transducer hull.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:41 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Refer to the below video 8:30

https://youtu.be/VAy93hw4ww8
[youtube]https://youtu.be/VAy93hw4ww8[/youtube]