Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:42 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Hobie! 8)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:15 am 
Site Rank - Captain

GABoley wrote:
Hello Folks. I ordered my Compass 10.5 in July, and am still waiting due to the COVID mess. I live in Northern Maryland, and am obtaining my boat from Backyard Boats in Annapolis, via Backyard Boats in Woodbridge, VA. The wait has been OK with me, as it is giving me time to buy new boating and fishing gear. I have been watching hundreds of kayak postings on Facebook, and just found out about this forum. So, I will start reading all your posts, and may have some questions, either routine or panic. My fishing will be entirely on 300-acre Piney Run Lake, in Sykesville. I am interested in pan fish-to-crappie size. Of course, the Lake folks claim pan fish through Blue Marlin. I look forward to learning from you. GAB :)

Is that off Mineral Hill road? Just curious as know someone there in Maryland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:35 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

GABoley wrote:
Yes, it is off Mineral Hill Road. I apologize for the late response, as I just posted a Newbie post, not realizing that I had ALREADY posted a Newbie post. The mind is a terrible thing to lose.

I am looking forward to fishing the lake, but it looks like I will have to wait until next year, as they close the lake on November 30, and Backyard Boats has no idea when mine will get here. I empathize with them: the last I spoke with them, they don't know what they will get or when they will get it. They received things that they didn't order, and don't receive things that they do order. I hope that this is just a result of the COVID nightmare. When I dealt with Backyard Boats while sailing, back in 1980-2000, they were a reputable company, and I have no reason to doubt them now.

Ah, ok.
I used to work with a Robert Mosner who lives on Mineral Hill road with his wife Kathy. He should be in his mid 60’s