Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:21 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thought Id share an inexpensive mod to relocate the paddle so you wont be like me and struggle to put your paddle back in place with the horrible location that hurts your fingers and takes a lot of time due to multiple failed efforts and skinned knuckle to re-attach it@@!@!!!

I saw this on a youtube vid buried deep in Compass mod listings and thought Id share it cause IT WORKS!!! And, its cheap and easy!
Since I work at Lowes selling flooring installs, it was a $4 purchase to get these mirror clips in aisle 9 and bend one at a 45 degree angle about an 1/8th of an inch below the cutout. I did it in my vise and the hole is the perfect size for the screw mount.

I anguished over spending $60 plus tax plus shipping to do the most popular method which is to buy two Outback paddle mounts and screw them into the plugs the current mount occupies.

Also saw another youtuber who bought a plastic storage bin at Walmart or Target and cut and filed and cut and filed and cut again to get it to fit in the newly installed horizontal hatch. Mine was bought at Lowes in kitchen gadget aisle 12 for $4.98 and requires NO CUTTING. It just slips right in perfectly. A little shallower which helps those with lesser room that cant fit the Hobie Compass Hatch Bucket for $32 plus tax and shipping.

Hope these pics attach If they dont, email me at [email protected]

Dang, cant get them to drag here. Bummer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:05 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Sounds interesting-I searched for the YouTube video but can’t find it. Can you post a link?