Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:33 am 
I recieved the Sit n Sail wings yesterday.All was well packaged. Awoke this morning anxious to put them on.These are a HIGH QUALITY product which have been WELL THOUGHT OUT.It took approx. 1/2 hour per side to install and thats counting the numerous step back and admire moments.They look great on the boat. They are light weight and appear very sturdy.I climbed aboard and the seating position is great and they are very comfortable when sitting on the tramp and using them as backrests. This company deserves to succeed.This is a great product.
I took a bunch of digitals which I am going to try to upload to the beachcats web site. Hopefully, I will be able to get them up there.I'll put them in the tech section.
The test sail will be tomorrow if I can make the time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:58 pm 
I put the boat in the water last weekend, wings installed.
Breezy day blowing 10-20. my wife and i headed out into the Rehobeth Bay.The seats were great.The sailing position is perfect.This takes the boat to a new dimension.The following day, I took my son and his girlfried out.I should point out that my wife and I are light weights. My son goes about 180lbs his girl friend is around 140lbs.wind was 10-15. The boat was well balanced with him on the tramp using the seats as back rests and his girlfriend sitting neutral.Per my norm with a lot of weight aboard, I blew the tack and ended up in irons. I shifited everyone to the down wind side and let the boat roll over.Once on it's side, we slipped to the back of the boat and swung it into the wind.With all that weight aboard hanging onto the righting line, she popped right up.I don't think that the wings impeded the process but with all the weight aboard i really couldn't tell.My wife and I really can't right it on a calm day so I guess it doesn't matter either way. I would give these wings 4 stars and recomend them to anyone with a H16 who is thinking about moving up to a different boat to aquire wings.Mark