PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:00 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

HC Australasia made a run of red boats just a couple of years ago:

I wonder how they're holding up . . .

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:03 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Little Wing wrote:
just checked again, no sign of red and price is 556 bucks

Again. They are not listed on the site. When I contacted them about tramps they said they had red mesh in stock.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:12 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The fact is even if you can get a red mesh tramp from sunjammer, it will most likely be aftermarket, the guy that found the new old stock red vinyl tramp is HOBIE, and will bring hundreds! and last much longer.
There was a run of hobie red mesh in oz and was talked about on this forum the prices were astronomical.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:50 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Little Wing wrote:
The fact is even if you can get a red mesh tramp from sunjammer, it will most likely be aftermarket, the guy that found the new old stock red vinyl tramp is HOBIE, and will bring hundreds! and last much longer.
There was a run of hobie red mesh in oz and was talked about on this forum the prices were astronomical.

No, it is Hobie Brand. Along with the Red EPO 2's they have also. Believe they came from Australia.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:01 am 
Hobie Approved Guru

sxrracer wrote:
Little Wing wrote:

No, it is Hobie Brand. Along with the Red EPO 2's they have also. Believe they came from Australia.

Yes they did - look at the photo of the boat in my post above - that is one of the Oz red boats (dressed up for the Philippines Challenge).

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:00 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Little Wing, actually, the red tramp was cheaper than the Turquoise tramps by $25.00. Red would not look good with my sails so I went with the Turquoise.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:45 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

MBounds wrote:
sxrracer wrote:
Little Wing wrote:

Yes they did - look at the photo of the boat in my post above - that is one of the Oz red boats (dressed up for the Philippines Challenge).

OK I'm confused, if you read my post I say there was a run of red mesh hobie tramps from aus. what I am questioning is if sunjammer has stock hobie red mesh tramps in stock for sale at 500 bucks or at all.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:10 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I guess you have not read anything I posted.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:17 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Below is email trail. Start reading from the bottom up. I deleted non per tenant info.

Brad Stephens
Sunjammers.com
(850)235-2281
YouTube.com/Sunjammers
Facebook.com/Sunjammers
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 23, 2013, at 9:28 AM, Harrison

Never seen the red. Any chance you could send me a picture?

On March 23rd Brad Stephens wrote:

Hobie
red mesh is $525
Turquoise is $556

Thanks,
Brad Stephens
http://www.sunjammers.com
850-235-2281
Panama City Beach, FL
facebook.com/sunjammers
twitter.com/sunjammers
youtube.com/sunjammers

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 8:18 AM,
Are these Hobie or Aftermarket? How much?

On Mar 23, 2013, at 7:27 AM, Brad Stephens

We have red and turquoise mesh

Brad Stephens
Sunjammers.com
(850)235-2281

Do you have any tramps in stock. If so what kind and colors

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:27 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Look if you can buy a HOBIE red mesh tramp, thats great but is superfluous to the original reason I responded to the red vinyl post. Some one replied that a new old stock red vinyl tramp would be worth only 35 bucks, and I stand by my original reply that the tramp is worth hundreds and to tell a new hobie person otherwise is NOT in the Hobie spirit.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:06 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I believe that person was saying you could put it on Ebay and only get $35.00 for it instead of what it may be worth.... ebay= there is no guarantee you will get what something is worth. Sucks for the Seller, Great for the Buyer.

"Might also get $35 for it in an ebay auction."

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:45 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Maybe it's just time to put it up for sale somewhere and let the market decide.

With Hobies, vintage has zero appeal to me and I don't see a big demand for it anywhere. Of course, you'd never know that by looking at the eBay auctions where people are trying to sell obsolete stuff for high prices. Oooh... a used rudder pin! Non-adjustable rudder parts! A bent lower gudgeon, sweet, this will put the final 'correct' detail on my '78!

'00 H16 #104691
'78 H16 #32692 ex-rental [gone]
Old Holsclaw trailer
My Hobie 16 pages

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:41 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I agree on the vintage, but...this tramp appears to be NEW, so you buy a hobie new only available in white for 450 bucks, or this red new for, what ever, as for e bay you can put a reserve on it so you won't get screwed, as I said before I bought a new old stock 18 red tramp got it for 350 bucks i was willing to go to 450. I was lucky to get it for 350, so i know that this red 16 tramp will bring hundreds I will buy it now for a HUNDRED IF THE OWNER IS AFRAID TO SELL . Hell put it on this site.
Now as for this continuing crap about new red mesh , the 2013 Hobie catalog does NOT offer red !!!!! I have contacted many Hobie dealers, they say NOT offered but occasionally they ( Hobie) will do a limited run of a color, which they did with the red, I know that ;it was on this site 2 years ago. Sunjammers just happens to have ONE of these red mesh tramps left over, that is, ONE, and then they can get no more , that is what they told me today, so lets not continue to confuse the hobie community with the false idea that these red mesh tramps are still in production and are readily available.
Next someone will tell me Cat Fever sail colour is available, sheeeesh.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:56 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Ordered new Cat Fever this morning!!!!!!!! JK.

Who said Hobie was selling Red Tramps????????? Who said they were running line offerings? Nobody. I said that Sunjammers had the Red in stock. Does not really matter if it was a special run for a limited time or surplus stock from Hobie 16 Worlds from Timbuktoo. They have "Hobie 16 Mesh Tramps" built by Hobie in stock and for sale. They also have some of the Special Red EPO's. He had 4 of them a month ago.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:08 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Wow. Didn't really expect to start a debate, but thanks for the input. As suggested, it's on eBay now. Market can decide.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251282016572?ss ... 1555.l2649