Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:21 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hopefully many years of service left. If not still a fun project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:12 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Bravo! I love to see boats brought back to life. I've purchased a couple of boats new from the factory, a few that needed some TLC, and a couple that required major work. My favorite project boat was a small monohull (Rascal) that was parked in the weeds behind a factory. But they found the sails folded up in the warehouse, in very good shape, and I brought it back to life, much like you and your Hobie.

I'm sure you're going to have some great times on Fiddydollah! (Edit: just saw your name for her: Fiddycent!) What lake are you on, if I may ask? I'm always looking for new and interesting places to sail.

Too many canoes and kayaks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:29 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hey FiftyDollar, concerning beach/ramp issues, I found a neat floating dry dock system made by a company called CanDock. The system is very configurable for many different applications and uses a slide system called Jetslide to get a boat completely out of the water. The components have a 20 year warranty also. Spent a good part of the afternoon discussing dock designs with my family and found the CanDock system. Just thought I'd share the info.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:40 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I've got a rudder for you. I've got two spare lexan rudders, one faded yellow and one black. I don't make it to Jordan much anymore, but if you'll pay shipping I can get it in the mail to you, or I'm in the Hope Mills area and not too far from 95 if you travel down this way.
The rudder is free for you. Great work on the boat and we are glad to see another 16 saved from the junkyard!!!

James

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:14 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just finished reading your entire thread. Very good. Please update with some 2020 pics.
Help me name my H16’s. Both were free. The total haul home was: Good: 2 - 1981’s era 16’s , 2 sets sails, 1 trailer, 1 cat tracks. Bad: 1 mast bent from storm knock down, 1 missing trampoline, 1 missing rudder blade and tiller, misc cam cleats missing from pillage.
I call them Boat 1 and Boat 2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7