Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trapeze rigging?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:55 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi All

So I have just bought myself what I believe to be a 2006 boat. That I intend to use for a bit of messing about and teaching the kids to sail on.

I myself was lucky enough to get a small dinghy and sailing lessons for my 6th birthday. And to this day it’s still the best thing my Dad ever did for me... anyway back to the post..

So after figuring out most of the rigging and managing to rig and sail the boat on my own. Summer is coming in the Southern Hemisphere which means the wind will be here soon, so I’ll need to don the harness and get out on the wire.

I acant seem to figure out an easy way to rig the bungees to allow for suitable movement for and aft when out on the wire. Looks like the previous owner never used the trapeze wires. They are in the box and look unused, certainly no blocks on or under the tramp for them.

So anyone got any photos or explanation of how to run the wires and the best position for them?

Thank

Post subject: Re: Trapeze rigging?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:04 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The bungees just run under the tramp frame from one trap wire to the wire on the opposite side. So the skipper's wires are connected by a bungee and the crew's wires are connected by a bungee. It is a very simple system. No blocks or anything under the boat. The newer boats have two grommets near the shrouds on each side of the tramp that the bungees pass through so that the trap wires always return to the same spot. But for all the years before Hobie added the grommets, the bungees were just routed around the side bars.

sm

Post subject: Re: Trapeze rigging?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:51 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Perfect, too easy.