Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:09 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I am inviting all sailors to the 2019 Hobie 16/ Hobie 20 North American Championships to be held at Harrison Hot Springs in Beautiful British Columbia, Canada. Harrison is a small tourist town that is located in the Fraser Valley about 90 minutes east of Vancouver or about 3 hours north of Seattle, WA. It is a town that is famous for its outdoor activities that include hiking, biking, golf, local tourism, farm tours and of course water sports. Know for its consistent wind, it is a popular venue for windsurfer, kite boarders and of course Hobie Sailing! This location has been on the Division 4 regatta schedule for over 35 years and is the location for the annual Division 4 Championships Regatta.

Information about the town, accommodations and the various activities surrounding the area can be found on the Tourism Harrison Website.

The Notice of Race and other information for the regatta can be found on the Hobie Division 4 Website.

Online information including the NOR and registration is available through the Regatta Network event site.. This is also where we will be posting SI's and other documents as they arrive.

A video presentation has been made to give you a visual of the town and the sailing conditions we expect to see. Harrison Video

If you come, you will be glad you did. If you don't, you will regret it!

On behalf of the 2019 NA committee, We look forward to being your hosts!

SEE YOU HERE!!

Any questions, please let us know.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:19 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I would love to attend my second 16 NA, but driving myself and boat 40 hours to get there does not sound fun. Does anyone know of a boat/trailer hauling service, so I could just fly there? What should I expect the cost to be for such a service (2500 miles)? Maybe chartering a boat locally would actually be cheaper than that option... thoughts from experienced sailors?

2012 H16 (with 2018 Cayman Main) #115139

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:18 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hi Brad
40 hour drives can be fun!.... i do it all the time.... the best thing is to get 2 or 3 boats together, stack them up and get 2 or 3 drivers and go..... just make sure you like the people you're driving with... :) Our trips are always non-stop, but they don't have to be, depends on your timeline, and it's a cool way to see the country and maybe stuff you'd never have the chance otherwise. For our trips we always just split the cost of fuel with the owner of the vehicle/ trailer paying a little bit less to help cover wear and tear... Our trips cross country usually cost $500-$600 per boat with 3 boats on the trailer. Depends on your tow vehicle and gas mileage. I've towed 2 and 3 stack with a Chevy trailblazer and 3-4 boats with a Yukon and usually average about 10-12 mpg. And these were H18's.
If you have a good boat I would recommend bringing it if at all possible. We are in the process of locating charter boats, but they may be slim pickings especially for newer boats, as i hope most of them will be sailing.
Where are you coming from? Let people know and talk it up with other sailors in your area to create some interest for stacking...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:47 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks for the encouragement and ideas Paul! I live in Northern Alabama near a town called Huntsville. I'll check with the Ocean Springs Yacht Club folks I like to sail with, I expect a few of them may be similarly inclined.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:01 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Nice place... we were down there a few years ago (2011) for the H18 NA's. would like to get back there again sometime.

hope you make it up here, Look forward to meeting you....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:31 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I am letting everyone know that if you are thinking about booking a room at the Harrison Beach Hotel, you need to call the Hotel directly to make your reservation. We have all the rooms blocked off for our event at a special rate, but only until March 13th. Before that if you try to book online, there will be no rooms available. As of today, 7 rooms are booked, so make your calls early!
Harrison Beach Hotel, www.harrisonbeachhotel.com,
1-604-796-1111

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:55 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Just a reminder to all if you haven't done so already, to guarantee a space at the Harrison Beach Hotel (unless of course they sellout! ) you need to contact them directly BEFORE March 13 to get the Hobie group rate. Right now the rooms are limited and only available to Hobie Sailors. After Mar 13 they become available to the public. You may still be able to get the group rate, but we cannot ensure the rooms will be available. Call them directly to make a reservation!

This Hotel is right along the beach front and only a 10 min walk from the regatta site... Amenities include Indoor pool, hot tub, wireless internet, fitness center, underground parking and more... Some rooms have a great view of the lake and beach front...

1-604-796-1111

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:54 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

The Harrison Beach Hotel is now open to the public to reserve during the dates of our event. If you haven't booked yet, and still would like to, there are rooms available. To get the event discount, either call the hotel directly or use their online booking and use code HCR-19 when booking...
1-604-796-1111

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:06 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Just to let you know how much fun we are going to have, here is a video Clip of the group Cousin Harley who will be entertaining us on the Wednesday evening in the Harrison Town Hall. With food supplied by Memphis Blues BBQ house, it will be an evening you don't want to miss!!

Cousin Harley - Deep South

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:59 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

19 boats registered so far and i know of more to come... How about you? Are you coming?
See who is on the list so far....http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/17674#_registration+current

Register now here:
https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registration_form.php?regatta_id=17674

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:26 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Early registration Deadline is fast approaching..... August 16th is the date when the fees go up....don't pay the extra! Register now! (or should I say WAIT, pay the extra! We can always use the money!)
Register below...

https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt ... a_id=17674

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:59 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

We’re coming!!!

Will be my first big Hobie event and couldn’t be more excited!

What’s the camping situation like? I have a truck mounted tent that I’d like to pop up. Should we book a site in advance?

Any info would be much appreciated!
Matt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:05 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Matt... yes, it is best to book in advance. It is a small resort town and some camping is closer to the event site than others....
Your best bet is to try the Glencoe Motor Court. It is right 'downtown', right beside the Pub, and about a 10 min or less walk to the event site. There are several other Hobie people staying there as well so you will be in relatively good company?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:17 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Early registration deadline this Friday, August 16th, 2359H, CST
After that the price goes up to $425.... now, if you don't mind, we don't mind

Also, just confirmed for Sunday night....
we are having a Meet and Greet in the park.... some great food and a chance to mingle with folks you haven't seen for a while... and maybe do a bit of dancing to the sounds of Todd Richard, local Country singer
Here is a sample of his music, video filmed in Harrison with some of the locals.....
Todd Richard - Live your Life