Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:09 am 
Hobie Approved Guru

Quote:
Yep, this must not happen. But who would put a tree with big wide branches on the parking lot of the boat ramp!? But seriously, this is only my fault and I should have paid more attention. See it was after sunset and already dark, (for the record - I did have my head out of my ass, but it was so dark it seemed it still was there) and I was driving to the lighted part of the parking lot. Then I thought, instead of driving to the spot straight and then backing up with the trailer, I would do a wider circle and end up with the cat in the light spot. Well, that did not work. I did not even see the tree, not even mentioning any branches. Damn it!

BTW, you are very lucky that it was a tree and not a power line. Power lines are sneakier than trees - especially around launching ramps.

This is exactly why we have the Comptip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:05 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Yuri,

After throughly reviewing Matt's photo there may be some other causes to this miraculous incident, did this happen right around or shortly after 420 in the afternoon? Were you completely relaxed?, did it appear hazy or have sort of a paralyzed feeling right before the cracking sound? :shock:

Right on Dude! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:50 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I agree, it shouldn't happen. But it did to me one day. And I take no offence to any comments about what a (censored) mistake it was. It was when I had first gotten my boat. It was one of those situations where I should have been a foot to the right, but wasn't. I just barely clipped some of the outer limbs of a pine tree. It scared the (censored) out of me.

No doubt, it was a dumb/careless mistake. And ya'll are right, I am very glad it wasn't a power line. But, lesson learned, and very quickly. I was lucky that my boat and I both turned out ok. But again, it was a bad mistake.