Well, I'm a bit of a H16 novice myself, but I can tell you a few things that might help.
1) 60MPH gusts?! Heh. Be careful!
2) The Hobie will be harder to tack than your monohull. I often have to back the jib to get the nose around.
3) The website says we have 215sqft of sail area. My friend's Spirit 21 only has 190sqft including his big-ass genoa. So... I'm not sure how much sail area your old boat has but the H16 probably has a lot more - be prepared for the power.
4) Read lots of this forum and I'm sure you'll learn a lot quickly.
5) Have fun!
6) Your humble respondant admits to far less knowledge than many other people on this board so I defer to their superior experience if they say anything that contradicts me.