Depends on the boat and the users height. Hooks to the striker, leads to the upper hull then your shoulder in the righting position fully extended.
We use 15.5 feet.
#30107 - THE RIGHTING BUCKET. #30107 - Page 1 of 1
1 .Run line around dolphin striker, pass through small loop and pull tight.
2. Snap line to ring on bucket, fold into quarters and tightly wrap entire line around bucket making a roll with snap
exposed. Snap to lacing under trampoline.
3. On Cats without lacing, install small loop of line through mesh behind mast.
4. The "loop handle" in the line that attaches to the bucket can be repositioned to suit your height and arm length.
Simply untie it (a simple double line overhead knot) and retie in the desired position.
1. Have mast pointing into wind.
2. Unsnap from lacing, leave line attached to bucket, throw over hull. Unsnap bucket and fill
completely with water. Resnap. Standing on hull, place hand in loop. Fully bend knees with line over
shoulder straighten legs so bucket comes completely out of water. "Presto", up comes your cat. The secret is
the added weight out on the end of your lever.
3. Can be stored away wet, it will not rot.
1. "Heave to" with bucket in water for swimming off boat.
2. Have you ever had your cat sail off the beach without you? Simply add a little sand in the righting bucket on the
3. Good for washdown. Getting that sand and mud off tramp, etc.
4. Snap Righting Bucket on boom and carry six-packs, towels, jackets, etc.
Director of Parts and Accessory Sales
Warranty and Technical Support
Hobie Cat USA