Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:48 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm the proud owner of a "new" used 2019 Hobie Outback. The previous owner may have had an issue with the seat back control line or other part and rigged up a solution that required cutting and putting knots in the seat back control line to allow it to recline to a fixed position. I'd like to restore it to the original configuration but, I think there's an issue as the flat toothed plastic piece that the bungies are attached is in two pieces and I may require more than just the back control line. Can anyone help me with a breakdown of the vantage seat back parts? I can find the seat back control line on the parts listing linked in the forum but, I fear I may need more than just the control line. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help! I may be able to provide photos in a future post if I've only confused anyone that may be able to help.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:50 am 
Hobie Tech / Moderator

The "flat toothed plastic piece that the bungees attach to" is the linear gear - PN865072. If that is broken it will need to be replaced. The white line in PN81053, the line is sold by the foot, you will need 6 ft.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:39 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thank you dcaballero! The linear gear is exactly what I was attempting to describe. I assume I need to contact a dealer to order it and the line. I'm concerned that once I get the replacements, I still may not be able to install it properly. I've exhausted my google abilities and finding out exactly how this stuff should fit together. The pullies and pins were removed as well but were included in a bag of parts with it. Does anyone have any resources to depict how to replace/install this gear and other components? Again, thank you very much! The dealer I contacted was unable to even locate the linear gear and suggested I post here.

*EDIT* I just got off the phone with my nearest dealer. They are unable to locate the linear gear part number to order it and they suggested I contact another dealer. I went into this thinking it would be somewhat easy to order the parts and get a dealer to fix it if I can't. I'll reach out to the next nearest dealer and see what comes of that conversation. In the meantime, is there anything else I can do to get this part ordered. The seat is currently usable but, I prefer to be able to adjust the position.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:06 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Here's my update: I found a dealer who is willing to try to help a bit more. They are also having difficulty finding the linear gear. What can I do to help the dealer to be able to order the parts? I took some pictures for them and linked this post for the dealer and suggested they contact their Hobie rep. I'm still holding out for a bit more information if there's anyone willing to help. I could really use a diagram with part numbers for the seat if that can be shared. Thanks in advance if there's a tech or rep that can help.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:18 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Final update. I found a dealer who helped and got the parts for me. They even made the repair for me as well. I found that the dealer is what makes all the difference if you have an issue. Thanks for the help here!