Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:28 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Are there any plans to release a front hatch tub for the 2019 Outback? I noticed tubs for previous years or PAs and would really like one for storing items I don't need easy access to.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:06 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I was told by my local dealer they will be available just no set date yet.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:57 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

For my 2017 Outback 180, I bought a 35litre/9.2 gal shallow Tubtrug for $30 on Amazon. They are a flexible rubber garden type bucket, it was a snug but perfect fit once installed. Worked out perfectly. With the smaller hatch on the 2019 Outback I’m not sure if this size would work or not, but I’m sure gonna try! If not, I’ve seen similar oval shaped ones, there has to be an inexpensive solution, shame it’s not included, would have expected at least in the camo model. I usually keep my flares etc in the front, if I can’t find an appropriate tub I’ll just use roll top dry bags for the time being, although it would be nice to access emergency items quickly without having to dig out a bag. Plus it was an easy control for whether or not the front hatch is leaking. In my 2017 the round hatches seemed to let most of the water in, the tub usually stayed dry. So happy to see them the the 8” rounds, they warped in the sun and the gasket always wanted to tweak.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:05 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

BionicWings wrote:
For my 2017 Outback 180, I bought a 35litre/9.2 gal shallow Tubtrug for $30 on Amazon. They are a flexible rubber garden type bucket, it was a snug but perfect fit once installed. Worked out perfectly. With the smaller hatch on the 2019 Outback I’m not sure if this size would work or not, but I’m sure gonna try! If not, I’ve seen similar oval shaped ones, there has to be an inexpensive solution, shame it’s not included, would have expected at least in the camo model. I usually keep my flares etc in the front, if I can’t find an appropriate tub I’ll just use roll top dry bags for the time being, although it would be nice to access emergency items quickly without having to dig out a bag. Plus it was an easy control for whether or not the front hatch is leaking. In my 2017 the round hatches seemed to let most of the water in, the tub usually stayed dry. So happy to see them the the 8” rounds, they warped in the sun and the gasket always wanted to tweak.

Update: after researching different options, I ended up adding the medium sized fishbag inside the front hatch and it’s a great solution and perfect fit. I love not having the fishbag on top catching the wind and for most of the fish I harvest, it’s plenty big. If I go after Co is or other larger/longer fish, I can still make good use of the XL fishbag on the rear deck. These bags are fantastic quality and keep my drinks/snacks plus fish cold with 3 or 4 frozen 20oz gatorade bottles (and the melted water at the end of the day is handy for rinshing reels/artificials off with fresh water.
You have to squeeze the wide side together to fit it thru the hatch, easy enough. I a pinch you can use the fish ag as dry stotage too.