Hobie Forums
http://www.hobie.com/forums/

New piece on vantage seat
http://www.hobie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=64189
Page 1 of 1

Author:  felvic [ Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:21 am ]
Post subject:  New piece on vantage seat

Hello,

Just receive my Outback 2019 and noticied this piece on vantage seat:

Image

Now we cannot slide the seat down like before.

Is there a technical reason or can we remove it to allow more down seat?

Author:  mmiller [ Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New piece on vantage seat

That limits the seat from going too low which would expose a possible pinch point above the seat. You could get a finger or clothing in to the top of the gear box if the seat went too low. All other models have a guard to cover that. The Outback did not require the guard due to the range of seat position.

Author:  felvic [ Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New piece on vantage seat

mmiller wrote:
That limits the seat from going too low which would expose a possible pinch point above the seat. You could get a finger or clothing in to the top of the gear box if the seat went too low. All other models have a guard to cover that. The Outback did not require the guard due to the range of seat position.


Thanks Matt,

So no problem to remove it?

Author:  mmiller [ Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New piece on vantage seat

Yes, problem. You can injure or capture a body part if the seat goes all the way down and exposes the top of the gear box. As the seat goes up...

Author:  felvic [ Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New piece on vantage seat

mmiller wrote:
Yes, problem. You can injure or capture a body part if the seat goes all the way down and exposes the top of the gear box. As the seat goes up...


I'm afraid I don't catch it Matt.

What do you mean by "exposes the gear box"?

Author:  mmiller [ Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New piece on vantage seat

The photo is of the gear box with the stop / adjustment plate (stainless). I am told that this stop has been on all models, but this is just a bit higher (in the gear box). The gear box is what the front chair support rides up and down in. There is also no lower adjustment hole.

If the chair could go lower... you could see into the gear box above the seat. That means a finger could get in there. If the seat were to rise up at that time you could pinch a finger.

Author:  felvic [ Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New piece on vantage seat

mmiller wrote:
The photo is of the gear box with the stop / adjustment plate (stainless). I am told that this stop has been on all models, but this is just a bit higher (in the gear box). The gear box is what the front chair support rides up and down in. There is also no lower adjustment hole.

If the chair could go lower... you could see into the gear box above the seat. That means a finger could get in there. If the seat were to rise up at that time you could pinch a finger.


Thanks Matt, now I understand. :wink:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/