It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:41 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

benqueso wrote:
felvic wrote:
benqueso wrote:
Has anyone else had this issue?

Now I'm worried about using a BerleyPro side imaging transducer mount for my Compass.

@felvic Do you have any updated SI snapshots from the same spot?

No problem with the compass as the hull is not same shape.

The piece is in extruded polystyrene...

I don't have an Outback to compare it to but the hull looks about the same to me apart from the Guardian of course.

About how many more extra feet did your transducer mod give you out the sides?

I think what felvic is trying to explain is, it's the hull shape that is affecting the beam of the transducer, the PA has a bulging hull either side of the transducer location, these bulges sit below the transducer interrupting the beam close to the hull, while the outback has a similar hull and issue the compas and revo dont as the transducer is the lowest part of the kayak.

@felic, i understand how and why this affects the view, however trying to understand why there is such a difference in image between your sounder and mine (garmin) i can't find much information on the beam angles accept that the last 2 numbers on the transducer model (52) are the angles for sidevu 2x50°.

Anyway i pedaled out to a channel pile and did some passes at several distances, the sidevu was set to auto range.Imagethis is what i circled at different distancesImagethis shows my first passImagethis is circling the pile at different distances, there is no sign of the hull interfering in the image, my transducer is mounted using the berley pro kit on a 2017 model PA, im new to sidevu and not suggesting anything towards what you have said, just wondering why there is such a difference.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:41 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

felvic wrote:
Unfortunately the hull on each side don't let waves stretch correctly:

This image, with the side scanning set to show out to 30m on each side, is showing structure out to 30m to the left and smooth bottom to 30m to the right, so I don't think it shows any limitation in side imaging due to the hull. If the scale was reset to show 40m to each side, and the structure showing on the left was suddenly cut-off at a certain distance, I think that would support an issue with the signal being blocked. cheers, roger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:19 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

peatop wrote:
Hi guys, new to the forum, I've just purchased a garmin striker 7sv and been reading a few posts with regards to Sideview, looking at the pictures im assuming its of a PA or outback, and what your getting at is the transducer is sitting to high and hitting the outer humps in the hull, my PA is a 2017 so i dont have the Guardian, however berley pro produce an after market adapter, this adapter has the bottom of the transducer sitting level with the outer humps in the hull.

This thread leads me to believe that this adapter will not work as intended and i would need to modify it to extend approximately another 25mm?

I tried to upload so pics but i don't know how this is done yet. Thank in advance for your replies

I had to buy an arm to hang my over side of my yak. I have same unit as you do. I bought the ram arm that hangs over side so I could still use my side scan.

Not sure if the Berkley pro allows this, I assume it would with all the sidescan units out now.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:33 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Kpd145 wrote:
peatop wrote:
Hi guys, new to the forum, I've just purchased a garmin striker 7sv and been reading a few posts with regards to Sideview, looking at the pictures im assuming its of a PA or outback, and what your getting at is the transducer is sitting to high and hitting the outer humps in the hull, my PA is a 2017 so i dont have the Guardian, however berley pro produce an after market adapter, this adapter has the bottom of the transducer sitting level with the outer humps in the hull.

This thread leads me to believe that this adapter will not work as intended and i would need to modify it to extend approximately another 25mm?

I tried to upload so pics but i don't know how this is done yet. Thank in advance for your replies

I had to buy an arm to hang my over side of my yak. I have same unit as you do. I bought the ram arm that hangs over side so I could still use my side scan.

Not sure if the Berkley pro allows this, I assume it would with all the sidescan units out now.

I bought the berkely pro sidescan upgrade to suit my sounder and PA :wink:

Those pictures I've uploaded show there is no issues from my transducer being above the lower parts of the kayak, however i believe this is due to the angle garmin use for sidescan