Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:49 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Anyone happen to know what is going on with everybody's inventory? I tried to purchase a 2020 outback from ACK on 6/10/20 they had a shipment date of the 22nd and I was notified that they were expecting a shipment of kayaks to arrive on the 10th yet they never showed. Looking around it seems everyone is sold out and even removing Hobie kayaks off their sites as they are all having problems getting inventory in.

Anyone happen to know whats going on? and Why there is such a huge delay IDK seems like when a seller is told that they will have inventory on hand by the 10th and its now 20 days passed the delivery day there is an issue.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

It is simply crazy times. Like us, most sporting equipment companies are having record sales as consumers are staying home, not traveling, not dining out,
saving money, and still wanting to have recreation. Kayak, boats, bikes... all are selling like hotcakes.

Our parts and accessories sales are through the roof. We used to ship orders the same day as received. We are now two weeks behind and receiving orders from dealers at a record pace.

New orders for boats are sold out through August production... no information on the specific ACK delay, but stock here is flying out the door.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:00 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

So it seems ACK wont be getting their shipment in for some time. Maybe ill just cancel the order and wait till next season then. Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:07 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Ok so from the sound of it ill most likely be waiting a few more months for it. Ill probably just call and cancel the order, since my finance payments start soon. No point paying for something i have not even recieved yet. Ill consider buying kne again next year.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:24 pm 
Site Admin

They have orders in and due between now and then I am sure. The reference is for new dealer orders placed now...

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:29 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm up in New England and a local dealer told me they were getting in 5. I put my deposit down on 1 as they said these things go fast.