Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:54 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

One of the four scupper reinforcement tubes on my just delivered Outback sticks up above the bottom of the hull about 1/4" or so more than the others. Can I tap it all the way in, or is it press fitted in when the hull is first pulled from the mold and still hot; therefore permanent?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:12 pm 
Hobie Team Member

The reinforcement tubes are threaded into the scupper holes. Check to see if there's a gap between the deck-side of the reinforcement tube and the deck of the kayak. If there is a gap you may need to screw the tube in till it matches the rest. Be careful not to over screw this as it may strip the plastic in the scupper. Your local Hobie dealer would also be able to help you out with this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:02 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

cvandorssen wrote:
The reinforcement tubes are threaded into the scupper holes. Check to see if there's a gap between the deck-side of the reinforcement tube and the deck of the kayak. If there is a gap you may need to screw the tube in till it matches the rest. Be careful not to over screw this as it may strip the plastic in the scupper. Your local Hobie dealer would also be able to help you out with this.

Thanks. There is a gap between the top of the tube and the deck. I'll look around for a tapered plug of some kind and try to screw it the rest of the way in.