Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trailer Suggestions?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:42 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a 2019 Outback and my wife has a 10.5 Passport and is thinking about a new Compass. I made a nice rack for a 16' trailer we already have so I can carry my outback on the deck and her kayak on the rack above it. That leaves room for a nice wheel chock for one of the motorcycles we frequently take along for longer trips. We usually tow with our truck camper rig and spend several days out at a time. I also have a nice, locking aluminum box mounted across the front of the trailer where I put the drives, fishing gear, paddles, etc. in when we trailer. We are finding for some locations, and quicker trips, the trailer is a bit large and cumbersome. I'm thinking about something like a Malone Microsport. I like that it is light enough to be moved around when not connected to the truck. I am curious to hear advice and thoughts about what the best carrier mounts would be? The bunks seem like they would be the most supportive, but probably keep you from being able to mount a storage box as the bunks would keep the lid from opening. The Saddle Up Pro supports seem like they would be the most versatile, and still allow room to mount a storage box?

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Trailer Suggestions?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:12 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I looked at the Microsport but ended up with the Rack N Roll. I carry a 2019 Outback and and Eddyline Carribean 12 ... both are wide hulls and they fit perfectly on the larger Rack N Roll. The trailer is expensive, but it’s light weight and the ground clearance sold me. I hand-cart mine all the time. For saddles, I’m using the Yakima Big Catch for the Outback and Thule DockGrip for the Eddyline.