Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:18 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a 2012 Hobie Outback that is in pretty solid condition that I am thinking of selling.

It has the upgraded turbo fins on the mirage drive, a fish finder, gear bucket that goes inside the hatch, and ram mount fishing rod holders. It has been lightly used and stored inside a garage since new. I am the original owner.

What might be a reasonable price to list it for? I’m in Montana.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:47 am 
Site Rank - Captain

No clue but I just sold a 2017 Revo 13, all standard ,no extras for $1500. I had one person wanting to pay $1750 but it was first with cash gets it.

~JOE~

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:53 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

My entry into the kayaking world was about a year ago I paid the equivalent of US$2,500 for a 2014 outback. I'm in New Zealand where Hobies are a tad more expensive though.

It was in near mint condition and came with no accessories, other than the mirage drive and a custom made outrigger setup with a 2.5 horse gasoline outboard motor mounted. However after trialing it I didn't like the outboard setup and was able to sell the outboard for $450 and threw the outrigger setup away. So effectively paid $2,050 for the kayak.

Always wondered if I paid too much. However I have been able to make it into a pretty awesome fishing machine, the added accessories have bumped the price way past what I initially imagined, but looking what I got now there would not be much or any ways to have got there cheaper.

The drawbacks of the older outbacks is no Hrails so I've had to drill a few holes to install stuff. But there are things about the older outback I prefer to the newer ones, such as the flip up rudder, which is less drama when loading and unloading or hauling on the beach than the later setups. If your kayak is in good condition I wouldn't go too cheap they are a great machine.