Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:01 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Anyone besides me with a Passport 12 feel like they are having to hold their legs up and out while pedaling it? For me, it feels like the seat should be a little higher to allow your feet to drop further below your knees and be in a more natural pedaling motion, rather than almost straight out. (I guess shorter pedal stalks would work too - my Passport is a 2021 model with the kick-up 180 drive.) If anyone else has experienced this and found a solution, I'd like to hear it! Overall, this is a another great Hobie kayak, especially for the price, and with the turbo fins it moves and maneuvers great, but a little more comfortable pedaling position would be nice for me. (Oh, and I'm 6'2", about 260 lbs, so maybe I'm a bit too big for it lol! - and please don't just refer me to a different Hobie, because I've owned them all at one time or another, but this one fits my current living/storage situation and budget.) Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:35 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I feel like I have seen some answers to raising the seat in other posts so you may be able to search (maybe in general kayaking?). I do remember an easy fix of putting a pool noodle under the front bar, but that might have had to do with the back seat latch coming undone. Either way it might be worth a few minutes and dollars to see if the extra half inch helps at all. good luck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:34 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Kswim wrote:
I feel like I have seen some answers to raising the seat in other posts so you may be able to search (maybe in general kayaking?). I do remember an easy fix of putting a pool noodle under the front bar, but that might have had to do with the back seat latch coming undone. Either way it might be worth a few minutes and dollars to see if the extra half inch helps at all. good luck

Thanks for the good advice Kswim!