Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:20 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

There seems to be something making this a tight fit that won't slide up the mast from the bottom. I loosened the screws but
still can't get it to slide onto the mast. What can be the problem??????
Almost looks like a little lip on top of ring inside making it to small. You shouldn't have to sand that I would think.

How far do the screws have to be loosened to let the mast pass thru.
Anyone have this problem while installing the furling kit?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:39 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I had the same problem. What finally worked for me, was to completely unscrew all of the screws, then slide the it up the mast, and then screw the screws all the way down, until tight. It is a bit of a job, but once it's done, and you have the furling line installed properly (it needs to be very tight), it works great. The furling sail is so much better than trying to stow the sail while underway. I take my time and assure that I have the sail furling system working properly before I launch. Then, peddle around for a while, usually ending directly upwind (the farther, the better). Then turn around, unfurl the sail and sail back towards the dock, and then re-furl the sail a short distance from the dock, and then peddle to my dock. I even leave the furled sail mounted when bring it on the dock and roll her on her side to insert the wheels into the bottom scupper holes. After getting the furling system dialed in, I now enjoy sailing my PA, so much so, that I also installed a couple of blocks and a cleat on the H-rail.

Good luck, and have fun!

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:11 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks for the reply. I will do the same and take the screws all the way out and that should do it I hope.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:38 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I got the furling ring to fit and its all working great. I ran my ropes a little different and didn't have to drill any holes.