Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lynx before Christmas?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:23 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

So, what are the odds anyone who isn't an influencer receives their Hobie Mirage Lynx before Christmas? What about before summer is over?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:38 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I called around and got on waitlist at several dealers and all received a shipment last week. I picked it up Saturday. I suspect there are places that have them in stock now.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I got lucky and was able to buy 2 from a dealer's stock. That said, he had just received a shipment that morning and all were gone by close of business. Keep trying, you might get lucky.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:27 am 
Site Admin

Lots in the production pipeline.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:55 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

mmiller wrote:
Lots in the production pipeline.

Its the shipping that is so slooooooow:)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:28 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

And heaven forbid you want to buy anything else from Hobie. H-crate covers? Lynx accessories? All MIA unless you're an influencer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

All shipping as we get stock.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:31 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Matt - And when is that? I'm not a YouTube Influencer so I guess my dealer is at the back of the list.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

We are not shipping just to YouTube folks. We ship based on what orders are oldest when we have stock to ship. Lynx are made in France and they take practically the whole month of August off for summer holiday in France, so production will restart there soon. Not sure what is in containers on the way... not my department.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:40 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Are the accessories made in France as well? What's the excuse for their delayed delivery?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:48 am 
Site Admin

Pandemic? Our supply lines are a mess. We have trouble even getting aluminum extrusion in the US let alone imports. Supply of plastic is being rationed. Inbound and outbound freight is skyrocketing. Availability of drivers for trucks is slim and containers can't be loaded on ships or delayed offshore for weeks before unloading. Regions are shutting down for weeks at a time. All of this makes estimating availability nearly impossible.

And... the holidays are coming. That always jams up the supply chains.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:46 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Have you received your lynx yet? I waited a while for the passport 12 that was in production way before the pandemic. Wanted in summer of 2020, but thought if I waited to order til spring of '21 I might ride out the pandemic, but nothing going according to many peoples plans lately. I happily received my yak a few weeks ago, it was worth the wait.

To be fair, I couldn't even buy Clorox wipes for over a year, so I am thinking we should give a little break to a smaller company producing much higher end product. For reference, I bought a full complement of higher priced kitchen appliances less than two years ago. I am pretty sure just the dishwasher cost more than my "budget friendly" hobie. When the first thing on my dishwasher broke at beginning of pandemic and within warranty, I paid for/ordered the part and fixed it according to YouTube instructions because I could get no help from manufacturer. Now that a major component has broken it is two months out of warranty, and most likely would cost more to have someone come and look at, yet alone fix, versus buying an alternate high end dishwasher that wouldn't match the design of my new car priced appliances (the manufacturer customer service/no service and the local fixit co pretty much told me that). But I am pretty sure I just saw mattmiller in a post helping someone fix their 90's hobie seat.

I think it is great to have a place to state your grievances and have your questions answered, often by company personnel. I hope you appreciate this forum as much as I have, and if you have gotten better service from anyone else, please let me know as we are personally dealing with the mediocrity of recent years while rebuilding a home.

The lynx looks cool. Hope you get a chance to enjoy it soon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:17 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Yes, I have my lynx. But none of the accessories I ordered a long time ago. Some people have received their accessories, some haven't. There's no rhyme or reason to this madness and Matt refuses to provide ETAs. So, every two weeks I call my local kayak dealer and ask "Are my pre-orders in yet" and every time they say "We have no f******* clue when your stuff will arrive. Hobie isn't even posting ETAs for half the items."