Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:40 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Anyone mounted a 7" head unit to the Lynx yet?

I'm looking to mount both head unit + transducer to right side of the kayak...wondering if the stock track mount can take it. Probably Ram T-Ball mounts or possibly CellBlok, but that will add more weight.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:46 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I’m waiting for my new transducer with 6ft cable to arrive so I can use the built in mount but I’ll be using my Elite 7ti2 on the lynx with YakAttack lock n load mount. I like that one way better than the ram mounts

Edit: can confirm that 7” head unit works fine. Those tracks are pretty strong and the Yakattack mount is solid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:27 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Second Skin wrote:
I’m waiting for my new transducer with 6ft cable to arrive so I can use the built in mount but I’ll be using my Elite 7ti2 on the lynx with YakAttack lock n load mount. I like that one way better than the ram mounts

Edit: can confirm that 7” head unit works fine. Those tracks are pretty strong and the Yakattack mount is solid

Thank you!!

Looking at different transducer mounting options - do you happen to have a photo of your setup?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:08 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just installed a Garmin Echomap 73sv on my Lynx. It's mounted on top of a YakAttack CellBlok battery box attached to the Lynx's built in track. Works great.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:45 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Knotty wrote:
Just installed a Garmin Echomap 73sv on my Lynx. It's mounted on top of a YakAttack CellBlok battery box attached to the Lynx's built in track. Works great.

Nice! Are you running a switchblade or other arm style transducer mount off the cellblok, or did you mount ducer to the cavity under the boat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:42 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am using my Helix 5 on my new Lynx. I got the transducer adapter kit before I took delivery of the Lynx and mounted the transducer in the scupper. I have the unit on the right track and it is working fine. Just a note to anyone getting a Helix transducer adapter kit. One of the stainless steel bolts I’d too short and I had to get a longer bolt.