Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:45 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

The rated capacity is 350lbs and I anticipate consuming 300 of it. I primarily fish inshore, open water 5 to 45ft depths not uncommon for 2 to 3ft waves and ofourse jet skiers love to create wake. Is this a safe an stable platform for me or should I stick to my Outback until a larger Lynx arrives? I'm I correct in guessing with only 50lbs to spare the water line will be near the top compromising stability?

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 9:38 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

DoubleOSeven wrote:
The rated capacity is 350lbs and I anticipate consuming 300 of it. I primarily fish inshore, open water 5 to 45ft depths not uncommon for 2 to 3ft waves and ofourse jet skiers love to create wake. Is this a safe an stable platform for me or should I stick to my Outback until a larger Lynx arrives? I'm I correct in guessing with only 50lbs to spare the water line will be near the top compromising stability?

am looking for lynx too......do you have any data on hobie producing bigger lynx or you are guessing ......also currently in outback and love it just too heavy .......would love hobie made lynx 12.5 and weight arround 25 kg , this would be perfect for my one hour morning or evening fishing......,

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 9:23 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Kovac50 wrote:
DoubleOSeven wrote:

am looking for lynx too......do you have any data on hobie producing bigger lynx or you are guessing ......also currently in outback and love it just too heavy .......would love hobie made lynx 12.5 and weight arround 25 kg , this would be perfect for my one hour morning or evening fishing......,

Just a guess.

I really like the idea of the Lynx, will have to wait for a local dealer to do a demo day to try it out, but I think I'll be cutting it very close on weight capacity one rigged with fishing gear and accessories.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:46 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I just got my new Lynx. I’ve been out on a large lake once where I found it to be an extremely stable ride.
I’m 290lbs and had a hobie h-crate on the back. Including all my gear, I would say I had about 310lbs in the boat. With that, it still rode high in the water. I had one bass boat fly by and I took the wake broadside. It just floated over like a cork.
I found this new boat to be a drier ride than my WS ATAK 120. And at less than half the weight, it’s a keeper !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:57 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

MikeInNC wrote:
I just got my new Lynx. I’ve been out on a large lake once where I found it to be an extremely stable ride.
I’m 290lbs and had a hobie h-crate on the back. Including all my gear, I would say I had about 310lbs in the boat. With that, it still rode high in the water. I had one bass boat fly by and I took the wake broadside. It just floated over like a cork.
I found this new boat to be a drier ride than my WS ATAK 120. And at less than half the weight, it’s a keeper !

Thanks for sharing. I'm looking out for a demo day in my area.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:27 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

My wife and I each have a Lynx but haven’t been out on large bodies of water or near power boats. That said, since the Lynx is basically a flat deck that holds no water, I’d think it is super safe in rough conditions. Your stuff will get wet but waves will just wash right over the deck. At 36” wide it’s stable. A kayak with scuppers can take on a large amount of water and be bogged down until the water drains. No such problem with the Lynx. Just my thoughts.