Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shipping????
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:00 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Anyone know about shipping times on the Lynx? My local dealer has six lynx units ordered, however they claim they have no idea when they will see them. I have seen here that some dealers have received some units. Are the dealers really in the dark as to shipping times? Really want to purchase one and maybe two of them soon. Hate to wait till the weather gets cold! I am in Missouri if that helps. Thanks and looking forward to posting about my new Lynx!!

Post subject: Re: Shipping????
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:19 am 
Site Admin

Your dealer will have the best information on ETA.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:49 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I was afraid of that! They have no clue!,

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:42 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am in Maryland and have been dogging my dealer since May for two of these. We had a false alarm in July. But it looks like August…hopefully…maybe. He has 9 on order. I am buying these without a test ride because this will be a huuuuge upgrade from a 2007 Hobie Outback and I need a second so I can bring a friend. Couple of questions for anyone who has recently received theirs. Did they figure out a way to secure the paddle to the deck? I am buying two and wonder if I need to buy a new cart to accommodate stacking when I transport. What would the length have to be to fit both? I am seeing the dealer this weekend to test our a Compass but it is going to make me even more antsy for the Lynx I bet. Do the Lynx come with a bag to secure removable rudder, wires and pedals? Thanks for any info.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:42 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I actually went by the dealer and put a down a deposit for 2 of the lynx today. The dealer still has no info on shipping, he does have six on order though. Figured since I wanted 2 of them I better go ahead and reserve a couple. He promised he would let me know if he heard any news. Fingers crossed we all have some time to enjoy them before the winter comes!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:28 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Well I did get one of the two ordered! The tan one came in and the wife’s papaya one is still missing. Dealer said it was a great surprise to receive mine. Just had a little time to take it out the other day and am truly impressed. Biggest reaction is just how light it is and easy to load and stage. Works great in the water also. Wife got to try it out also and is getting pretty excited for hers to arrive. Just a waiting game again!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:39 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I put a deposit on one about 2 weeks ago and my dealer is telling me Sept or Oct

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:52 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

In mid - August I called (10) Hobie dealers in the Midwest and found (3) boats at (2) different dealers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:10 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Amelia98 wrote:
I am in Maryland and have been dogging my dealer since May for two of these. We had a false alarm in July. But it looks like August…hopefully…maybe. He has 9 on order. I am buying these without a test ride because this will be a huuuuge upgrade from a 2007 Hobie Outback and I need a second so I can bring a friend. Couple of questions for anyone who has recently received theirs. Did they figure out a way to secure the paddle to the deck? I am buying two and wonder if I need to buy a new cart to accommodate stacking when I transport. What would the length have to be to fit both? I am seeing the dealer this weekend to test our a Compass but it is going to make me even more antsy for the Lynx I bet. Do the Lynx come with a bag to secure removable rudder, wires and pedals? Thanks for any info.

Did you ever get your yaks?
If not then to answer your question about the bag, no they do not send one but it is a great idea. I may look around for a duffle bag to help organize them. As for the paddle, I ordered a double holder that attaches to the rail from yakatack. Just received it and looks like it will work perfectly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:15 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

kstone1999 wrote:
I put a deposit on one about 2 weeks ago and my dealer is telling me Sept or Oct

That is what I am hearing about my second one also. The dealer actually has no idea but he did tell me just the other day that they are not getting the papaya in any more this year. Said he got a notice that Hobie can not get that color anymore this year. Wife is going to decide to settle for the tan or wait till next year. He also told me that there will be a 10% price increase across the board next year, probably on all hobie items including kayaks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:26 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

GregG wrote:
kstone1999 wrote:

That is what I am hearing about my second one also. The dealer actually has no idea but he did tell me just the other day that they are not getting the papaya in any more this year. Said he got a notice that Hobie can not get that color anymore this year. Wife is going to decide to settle for the tan or wait till next year. He also told me that there will be a 10% price increase across the board next year, probably on all hobie items including kayaks.

I’m in Cali and the dealer I’m working with told me the same thing, no papaya color till 2022 ☹️

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:18 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

There is supposedly a couple of Lynx in stock in Florida. I just ordered a Lynx in Houston and the dealer has the boat arrival as January.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:36 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

wartemand wrote:
There is supposedly a couple of Lynx in stock in Florida. I just ordered a Lynx in Houston and the dealer has the boat arrival as January.

I’ve been looking everywhere but couldn’t find any in stock, got a link or name of those shops?.