Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:06 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

mmiller wrote:
Not discontinued and the pressure from the legs causes an indent, but that is cosmetic. Not damage.

We do have the shims designed and approved, but not yet including them in kits.

Any idea when these will be included? Or are you guys waiting for all the existing inventory to be gone before releasing a new product# for the rails?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:17 am 
Site Admin

They have ordered spacers. Just need to get them in stock to add to the kits.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:45 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Any idea at all when the H Rails will be available or is this still completely unknown?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:32 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just ordered mine via phone from Rock Outdoors in North Carolina. (336-793-4690) Said they have a few more left on the shelf. This is as of 07 June 23. ✌

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:57 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I been waiting for almost 9 months now for the Lynx H-rail. My dealer has had it on backorder for over 18 months. When is this going to be available???

I’m extremely disappointed with the lack of urgency that Hobie has exhibited. As a consequence of not having the H-rail I have not had full use of my kayak. I feel that HOBIE should offer a credit for the purchase of the H-rails to those of us who have been waiting this unbelievable amount of time for use if they ever become available.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:52 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I too bought a Lynx only to find that the H rails are so far behind it's not even funny. I was just told yesterday that it will be another 4 months before they may appear per Steve Fields. Why not retool here in the US and put US workers to use? That would just leave the materials to acquire.
Or like the design that someone made here and apply that design instead. Where is that American know-how that we used to have in this country?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:02 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

KilleerK wrote:
I too bought a Lynx only to find that the H rails are so far behind it's not even funny. I was just told yesterday that it will be another 4 months before they may appear per Steve Fields.

Call around to other Hobie dealers. I bought the H-Rails when I bought my Lynx last week (24 Aug). My dealer had two sets earlier in August then one set when I bought the Lynx. I figure other dealers out there have H-Rails, too. You just need to call around to other locations and have them shipped to you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:11 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I called all the dealers here in California and they all said they were on backorder. Which dealer did you buy from? I will call them ASAP!! Sincerely. Todd. 714-803-3121

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:39 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

So it's been well over a year now since the H rail has not been available. Has Hobie considered making them here in the US? I bought the Lynx to utilize the H rail system only to find you can get it nowhere except Australia and Singapore. Is Hobie going to go under? Should I have bought a different brand? I put an order in at Melton's Tackle and they are considering no longer carrying Hobie because they can no longer get accessories and Hobie only wants to push their boats. :(