Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanks everyone
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:13 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm soon to re-launch my H17. I was telling another guy about it and reckoned that I should share with the rest of the forum because I have so much help that I appreciate so much.

"On the list was a re-paint (not deck), paint spars, add jib, re-profile rudders & CB's, re-paint same, repair mainsail, buy jib and all conversion bits, tidy up trailer, make new trailer cradles, new cradles & axle for the beach wheels, repair hole in the port hull, add a heap of new rope, polish up & inspect all stainless & plastic parts (found a cracked chain plate that would have failed :( ). Fitting a new 6 to 1 down haul, new tramp and rigging some kind of exotic mast rotation system that I don't know how to do yet.
I am really fortunate to have a lot of help from one of the pioneers of Australian catamaran racing - he was back there when c-class were being dreamt up, and amazingly he is still totally passionate about it all.

Port Douglas, my port, has an excellent beach launch from the club (Google Earth 16.30'54.16"S, 145.28'07.87"E) back amongst the palm trees. We launch into quiet waves and get driven by the SE Trade winds that start the day at a modest 10 knots and grow to 15-20 early afternoon. Tides are not too extreme and the waters always warm. Man what a place! If anyone from this forum is planning a trip this way, let me know.[color=#0000FF]