Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My H17 dream for sale
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:32 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey guys, after much labor of love and even a little sailing, I have decided to sell my '95 H17 Sport so if you know anyone wanting the fine craft that they are, look in the Classifieds here. Short story is that at my experience level which is novice/beginner, I can't quite manage her. I thought I would solo it, but that's not happening, and now talking my power boat friends into being crew ain't happening either. They like turning a key and going wherever you want. I explained to them that it's just not fair to compare a 1967 Ferrari to a 2015 Escalade. My plan is to crew on any sailboat I can and especially race crew hobies until I gain the experience and then possibly go with an H14/16. So the path of least resistance is to sell her off if possible before the best sailing months end and the snow fiies. Of course, I hope to get out a few more times, so anyone experienced and in the area you're sure welcome to come down and crew with me and take a check out ride LOL. Any thoughts or encouragement appreciated- Henry the Scowhound

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:58 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

She can be tamed. Pick your conditions and learn how to depower her and you'll be good to go. I bought my 17 with intention of soloing her since my 18 was just a little much.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:48 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Oh man, dont sell her! I sold my first H 17 (that I bought new), after sailing her for 7 years. I'm still kicking myself. The 17 is a great boat, and if yours is in good shape, keep her. Just sail more. You'll get the hang of it.
I now have a Hobie Getawy that carries many more people, and it's a good boat. But the 17 is so much fun!

Too many canoes and kayaks