Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:19 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Fleet 4 Activity on Sunday, Oct. 19 with lorraine Garnier's Hobie Adventure Island Group
Santa Clara Place - San Diego, CA
Please try to open up the attachment below. Lorraine Garnier organized this event and she spent a lot of time designing the invitation.
Basically what is happening is that Lorraine Garnier and the Hobie Island Group have invited everyone in Fleet 4 and everyone who has a multihull sailboat to join them in a joint sailing, kayaking and social activity on Sunday, Oct. 19 at Santa Clara Place.
We’ll get our boats rigged and meet by the launch ramp at 10:30 AM for a very brief Skipper’s Meeting. We’ll enjoy our on-the-water recreational activities until around 1:00 PM; Meet on the grass near the Recreation Center and take a break for refreshments and socializing; and then share rides with others if you wish. You’re all encouraged to come out and enjoy the day with us wether you own a boat or not; wether you’re a member of Fleet 4 or the Hobie Island Club or not. There is no organized Pot Luck. so there’s no money involved. I’ll have some Membership Applications available, but NO ONE WILL BE PRESSURED, NOR EVEN ENCOURAGED, TO JOIN FLEET 4. You’ll have the opportunity to join, but there’s no obligation.
There are restrooms and a playground nearby, Also tennis, basketball and a large open grassy field. The Sport Center rents just about every kind of on-the-water boat there is.Their phone number is:(858)488-1004. There are many places to eat and drink along Mission Blvd. I’m pretty sure that you’re not allowed to have open containers of alcoholic beverages in Mission Bay Park.
If you have any questions, call or e-mail our very special friend, Lorraine; or else e-mail me at [email protected]
Please take a moment to look at the top to see who I’ve sent this to. If I’ve forgotten anyone, please invite them. We don’t want to leave anyone out. Also, invite your family, neighbors and friends.
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone out at Santa Clara Place on Sunday, Oct. 19.

Rich

http://static.hobiecat.com/web_uploads/2014/10/07/SantaClara_10_19_14.pdf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:14 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Well. we’re getting lucky with the weather tomorrow. I just checked several weather sites on the computer and it’s supposed to be 74℉ - 75℉; 10 - 12 mph winds. The days are getting shorter and cooler & Daylight Savings Time ends on Nov. 2. Tomorrow will probably be the best day of sailing and other on-the-water activities until next Spring or Summer. We’re planning on having Group Pictures taken at around 1:15 PM tomorrow for our Facebook page, so let’s all plan on being there at around 1 PM; around 10:00 AM if you plan on showing up with a boat. Lorraine has put in a lot of work planning this event, so, Please, let’s make her proud.
If you’re coming down from out of town and have a navigation system, use the address for the Mission Bay Aquatic Center: 1001 Santa Clara Place, S.D., CA 92109
Don’t forget your sun block and something to eat and drink.
We’re looking forward to seeing all of you out there tomorrow.