Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:24 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just joined the Hobie TI sailing club and community here. Had a lovely early morning freshwater "christening" of my new TI at Flatrock park yesterday in Kerrville Texas. Just an hour from my home in San Antonio, we enjoyed the serenity of the very well kept and mirror smooth (and full!) reservoir, lots of birds and slight but nice warm breezes. We're new to Texas, having lived in Midland (ugh! ... not a favorite) this last year of the drought ... so finding a gorgeous place to launch free was extra special. Up until a couple weeks ago, I had been launching from my friends boat dock at Point Richmond CA where I also met my son for several delightful days of sailing/pedaling along the Richmond channel. This is the most incredible sailing/pedaling craft I've ever had the pleasure to pilot. Looking forward to sails and adventure camping at Corpus Christi, Victoria, the Guadeloupe River, San Antonio riverwalks Mission Reach and many other spots in the winter months to come.

I took delivery of my new (well "new 2014" demo model anyway) in Phoenix about a month ago and I would like to head over to Florida relatively soon where I've heard there are an amazing number of overnight Island trips happening all the time. Exploring many parts of the North American continent over the next few years while hauling my TI behind my old 1984 Mercedes 309D 5 cylinder diesel Westfalia campervan is my goal. As an avid eclipse chaser, I surely will be camped somewhere along the path of the upcoming summer 2017 total solar eclipse. Should not be missed by anyone! Making campsite reservations a year in advance. Hope to find two or three awesome TI accessible camping spots to choose from by the time the eclipse occurs on August 21st. (must have "Plan B" and maybe even "Plan C" campsite reservation in case of cloudy weather on eclipse day!)

What a watercraft like this can do and makes possible! Wow! Kudos to the designers and engineers and builder! Thank you!

Eric