Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:35 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I got some different hulls to replace some badly delaming ones and both back holes are oval and when i took the boat out it had a very loose feel. you can move the tramp frame up and down about a quarter inch when it is sitting on the trailer. we only went about a quarter mile since getting the boat back together and you could hear and feel the boat twisting with every wave and gust not like it should.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:22 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have been researching this too. Right now I'm thinking of the weld job some else did. They cut the pylons off the old pontoon, cut them into pieces that fit on the inside of the existing pylon and welded them in. Then welded in the hole. After clean-up of the refurbished pylon, put the tramp frame on, mark the holes and drill them out.

Also, maybe the hole can be drilled larger/round and a bushing inserted from the inside. Epoxied or welded in. Then grind the outside flush. I have yet to find any bushings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

i went ahead and drilled them out to 3/4 because that was the size to get all the oval out and bought 3/4 bolts and lock nuts. cost roughly 30 bucks and took about half an hour. i didn't want to epoxy it just yet as these are replacement hulls and i am not one hundred percent sure of them. hopefullt i can go sailing saturday and find out if everything else is working.