Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:29 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Got a bit tired of the hard seat feel of the Getaway seats. Figured out a solution which I was satisfied with for under $10.

In Spring, the Dollar store and Five Below sell pool noodles for a dollar each. I used the smaller diameter type.

Steps:
1. Remove the getaway seat cover
2. Measure length by laying 2 pool noodles end to end on the bench seat and cut the one where it hangs over. That probably leaves half a pool noodle.
3. Repeat step 2 until you have three rows of pool noodles, probably 4 1/2 noodles total (3 whole noodles and 3 half noodles).
4. Run some string lengthwise through the holes of each noodle and tie the noodles loosely together at the ends, just enough to hold the noodles in a 3 row raft-like configuration.
5. Lay the 3 rows of noodles on the bench and reapply the original mesh seat cover over top.

I know others have made their own modifications. This one was simple and I thought I would post it now while pool noodles are readily available in the stores.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:12 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

That's clever and provides a neat appearance. I hardly ever sat on top of mine, but a noodle along the side would've been helpful for the backrest that I used the seats for. Now you have me considering how to use a noodle to improve the backrest on stadium seats...thanks for the idea.

BMW C600
Formerly Getaway with Custom Spinnakers
Formerly raced F24 Mk II