Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:36 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

hello hobie_sls?

Do you have an updated timeline for availability of the following parts for a Getaway?
mast stepper iii
spinnaker kit

thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:09 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

This just came out yesterday -- https://hobieclass.com/starting-line-sa ... ZdolDSQY5k

Jim Clark-Dawe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:16 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Off topic question: If I am reading that correctly, SLS is producing the T1 and Max in Rhode Island. Why can't we buy them here in the USA?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:07 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

It's not clearly written, but I believe Hobie Europe has a plant somewhere near Cote D'Azur, France. Production has been split between Europe, Australia, and California in recent years. Further, SLS is still trying to figure out what their plans are. They're dealing with the crisis areas first, and future plans are probably just beginning to be discussed.

Jim Clark-Dawe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:13 pm 
SLS - Hobie Catamaran Production and Sales

bbaysaylr, regarding updated availability for Mast stepper iii & Getaway Spinnaker Kits: This is very much still being worked out. There are a lot of moving pieces here, but we can say at this point that Mast Stepper IIIs are probably something we'll be able to supply in the next couple of months. Getaway Spinnaker Kits are likely to take significantly longer.

mistro, regarding the T1 and Max: These are being produced for and delivered through our European distribution network. We don't currently have plans or logistics in place to provide any of the Europe specific models to the US market for 2023. If that changes in the future, we'll make sure that information is shared widely within the Hobie sailing community, including on these forums.

jclarkdawe, regarding "They're dealing with the crisis areas first, and future plans are probably just beginning to be discussed." : This is well said. We are working as hard as we can to get production going, to rebuild supply chains, and to get boats and parts out to dealers. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding as we work through this.

Expect further updates via the class association, these forums, etc... as and when we can provide meaningful updates.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:22 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

thanks for info hobie_sls and others

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:36 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Latest update from SLS -- https://hobieclass.com/starting-line-sa ... qW2JYW1l4I

Jim Clark-Dawe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:55 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

hobie_sls wrote:
bbaysaylr, regarding updated availability for Mast stepper iii & Getaway Spinnaker Kits: This is very much still being worked out. There are a lot of moving pieces here, but we can say at this point that Mast Stepper IIIs are probably something we'll be able to supply in the next couple of months.

Any update on this? On the West Coast Sailing website, the Mast Stepper iii went from "Expected Spring 2023" to "Expected Summer 2023".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:57 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

bbaysaylr wrote:
hobie_sls wrote:
bbaysaylr, regarding updated availability for Mast stepper iii & Getaway Spinnaker Kits: This is very much still being worked out. There are a lot of moving pieces here, but we can say at this point that Mast Stepper IIIs are probably something we'll be able to supply in the next couple of months.

Any update on this? On the West Coast Sailing website, the Mast Stepper iii went from "Expected Spring 2023" to "Expected Summer 2023".

It's actually pretty easy to make a gin pole system. I made one for my Hobie 17 30 years ago, using a 2x4. A lot cheaper and works just as well. That said, I have a MS III for my Getaway.

Too many canoes and kayaks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:23 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

From another thread -- https://www.hobie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=70853

hobie_sls wrote:
Hi Ember,

Right now we are working through the long backlog of open orders for boats and parts and we are shipping parts out everyday to dealers. We can say definitely say that we will be caught up by late summer, early fall. The best way to unsure you get your parts as soon as they are available is to keep your order with the dealer you placed it with so that when the parts arrive, they can get them to you right away.

We appreciate your patience while we get everything up and running smoothly!

Jim Clark-Dawe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:02 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hello Team,

I live in Bulgaria, and just made a purchase for some H16 shrouds. My friend travels from US to Bulgaria on the 2nd of August. Do you think you could make the delivery until then? It is very important for me, because if i miss that date i will get the parts about the same time next year, which would mean one full year without sailing.

I would appreciate an answer. Thank you!