Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Getaway Pricing
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:06 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I know this was asked earlier, but I can't find anything for a decade or so in the forums.

Wondering what fair pricing is for the Getaway. There's a barely used 2003 for sale near me (in Canada). Owner claims it's barely been sailed (no reason not to believe him), but it's still 12 years old. I have no knowledge of these things, but sailed a Wave on vacation and loved it and think the Getaway might be right for the family. The asking price seems high though ($7,500), when I look at what's on the market in the US. Anyone have any insight on what would be fair?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Getaway Pricing
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:34 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I would think something that old should only be in the 4k to 5k price range. I have a 2012 I am selling for 6500. Comes with trailer and wing seats as well. And I'm right on the Canadian border here in Detroit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:03 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello Bgreenhouse

You are right, I was in the same boat, sailed a wave on vacation. Got home and bought a Getaway. You will not be disappointed.

If the boat has a trailer with title(important), I would pay maybe 6k CAN at this time of year if it is perfect.
Even tough it has only been sailed a few times, best to check closely for damage. Also check for cracking around the cross tubes and the transom (rudder mounts). Check the sails closely for mouse damage ect.

My boat is a 2003 as well. It seems that most issues were solved by then. My has had none.

Good luck, Jason

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:00 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Some of the early Getaways had problems with hull de-lamination, not sure what years they were but I would check that our for sure.