Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:42 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I am planning on selling my Getaway in the spring to purchase a Tandem Island but I don’t know what I should ask for it. There aren’t a lot of Getaways for sale right now to go by, and none comparable to mine. I would like some input as to what I should be selling it for. It’s a 2007 with a 2006 Genesis roller trailer (cat box, new tires, wiring, LEDs). The boat is in very good condition with the front and rear tramps and wing seat covers all replaced with after-market black tramps (Tampa Catamarans/SLO-Sail & Canvas). The snorkel is also new (Hobie). I also have a Honda 2hp 4 stroke motor and Cheetah mount. Accessories include a sail cover and a sail/gear bag, trapeze wires, Mast Stepper III system, 25’ x 14’ winter tarp, and adjustable-length tiller.

Any advise you can give on what the boat should sell for would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:01 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

you can use nada guides for Boats

Sheet In, Max Out

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:15 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

It's not so much the boat's value, but all the options and replaced tramps that I don't know how to value. Also the motor and Cheata mount. I'm not sure how these items affect the price.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:51 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

You'll probably have to utilize a used car analogy to get closest to the actual market value. For instance, you have new replacement parts on the boat, but they are expected to be part of the boat it'self. The condition of those parts will undoubtedly vary the price somewhat. The options, if they haven't caused major alteration to the original structure of the boat, will increase the value too. However, anything that modifies the original structure can been seen sometimes as a detractor and essentially lower the value. Not everyone is looking for highly specialized equipment... especially if the modifier wasn't especially talented with fabrication skills. I'm not sure if this was any help but an informed buyer will probably be who is most serious about purchasing. If you're negotiable on price and have negotiating skills, you probably won't do too bad. Something else to think about.... Location seems to play almost as much of a part in sales prices as condition.