Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:16 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I just bought a used 2012 Getaway and I'm wondering what maintenance I should be doing to the boat. Also are there parts that I should be inspecting that typically would wear and require replacement? The boat seems in very good condition and I've sailed it twice now with no issues.

In particular is there maintenance needed for the comptip and does it eventually need to get replaced at some point? I'm asking because after a more thorough inspection of my boat I noticed there was a grey strip of tape over the comptip where is inserts into the lower mast. I pulled the tape back only a little and there was a some material (hardened adhesive maybe) that was crumbling some as I pulled the tape back. I'm guessing the tape was put on to maybe apply adhesive or something because the bottom of the comptip itself seems fine.
Is it recommended to adhere the comptip into the lower mast? I like the ability to disassemble the boat in the fall to store in my garage attic over the winter.

Thanks - Brian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:24 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I’m jumping in on this thread as well to see the lifespan of these. Mine is a 2007 and I now just started storing it mast up. I’m also wondering how long can we expect before we replace it?