Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi, Im new here, I just got a 2014 Hobie Cat, I'm not an experienced dinghy sailor but enjoy messing about in our Wayfarer, and I am an windsurfer too. However I had never sailed a Hobie Cat until last week and have to say I loved it.

It was a real eye opener. We were out in very choppy swelll in a force 4 to 5 and I was simply blasting about, cutting through the water and surfing waves with ease. I was wary of capsizing or digging in the leeward hull nose but really felt very safe yet blasting about at speed. It was a Hobie Wave which is 13ft long I think and had a single battened mainsail that seemed perfect for the conditions. No trapeze just sitting right out at the back with a big grin. I was just curious if any one wanted to summarize the qualities of Hobies generally and suggest why you don't see more of them over here. Are they regarded as more an open sea boat where space is less of an issue? I do remember seeing several at one specific California Beaches?. Thanks if anyone wants to educate me!