Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:51 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm sailing on a small inland lake, so +10kts winds don't occur often. I've thought about adding a jib or spi. but the reviews seem to be somewhat mixed. A hooter ia a bit more than I'm looking for at this time. I plan on adding a travller this summer, if anybody has advice on the installation and parts required that would be great.

Cheers,
Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:27 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hello Mark,

Brad is putting a Wave together for me with a jib and traveler so I should be able to give you some information in a few days. I am also expecting to do a lot of sailing in light winds, and that is why I added the jib.

Loren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:10 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Loren,
Any progress on the upgrades? have you been out for a test flight yet? The winds have been blowing lately, but unfortunatly the lake is under 8" of ice at the moment. Will you be adding the Hobie 16 traveler, or the new Wave kit?

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:43 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi Mark,

I have had my Wave for a couple of days but I have not been in the water yet. The wind forecast tomorrow is only 4 mph, so I guess I will step the mast and run up the sails while the boat is on the trailer just to see how things look. Maybe in another day or two I can get it wet................

Because my boat has the traveler that Matt designed for the Wave, it slides very easily and does not look like an add on. It turned out to be very nice looking and I expect it to add to the performance downwind. I also had a yellow jib and the blue padded backrests installed.

The trees are just beginning to bud here, so I am looking forward to having some good sailing weather soon. You are going to have to hunker down a little longer in Toronto.

Loren