Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:42 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

My project is off to a slow start but moving again as of today. Yellow freight refused the shipment of the boat I bought afterconfirming it was ok to ship etc. After a week plus of searching I’m now locked with KAS transport (shipyourkayak.com) folks. It will be slow to get to TX but it’ll get here!

Stay tuned... I promised Matt I’ll post as I restore/modify for 17’ mast shortened sail/mast boat.

I’m calling it “shortwave “!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

:)

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:44 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I might have also gathered up/ordered a spreader pole / hardware as well as pulleys and some used cleats/swivels and the correct brackets.

I was crapping a brick when yellow freight refused shipment on me and I was scrambling to figure out a way to get the boat I now owned from NC to TX. My wife was busy giving me I "told ya so" speeches. So glad I'm back on track today and new shipper locked. She doesn't know I spent a little more collecting project bits n pieces ahead of the boat arrival.

:D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:53 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Slow going....but boat is finally in transit. New tramp is on order from SLO - went with black / center laced model since it's a classic/se I have.

Going later this week to pick up a spare mast I located in town for $200 for my modding (so I can keep the original mast unaltered)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:01 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Found a guy in near Houston with used hobie parts. I bought a spare h14 mast with comptip. This will be my “short upper section” once I complete my measurements. Modified Comptip will end up being like 3 ft long once cut/retopped.

Tim in Dickinson TX hooked me up. Also sold me a h14 track/car forvdoing a traveller project.

Boat is in transit now and I’m waiting on it. SLO is building my replacement tramp. Gong with center lace se/classic one.

Project in motion......