Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New (to me) Wave
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:18 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Just picked up a 2000 Wave (with trailer!) for an amazing price. Other than the window in the sail and the forestay, everything looks to be in nice shape, (although in need of a nice cleaning). Oh, and I neglected to check the sellers packing job and one of the shrouds started dragging before my first stop to check the tie downs and it had worn through on the pavement. Oh well, I have all the bits and gear to make up new ones. The remaining shroud doesn't match the listed length for either a club or classic Wave. The boat has a laced trampoline, so I'll make up all new wires at the Club lengths. I'll also order new material for the sail window from Sailrite. I bought the boat even though we already have a nice Getaway. I'm thinking the Wave might be a better size for us/me. My wife sails with me occasionally and I recruit the occasional friend, but I also sail solo a fair amount and I'm nervous that I may have a a tough time righting the Getaway by myself. The Wave will be quicker to rig and launch as well. Once I decide which one is the keeper, the other will be up for sale! The weather looks good this weekend, so maybe we'll see you out on the water!

Post subject: Re: New (to me) Wave
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:08 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Congrats on the purchase.

Prolly come down to average wind conditions. Wave is a slug (especially w 2) in light winds, and very manageable in higher winds (15+.)

Post subject: Re: New (to me) Wave
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:07 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi Bill, I also recently bought a 2000 wave cheap almost free, with a missing mast, shrouds, sheet and blocks I found a mast,traveler setup and other hardware from a junked H14, the boat is fun and very forgiving when the wind gets up and it just begs for whatever your limits are.