Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fishfinder on revo 11
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:46 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi guys recently brought a second hand revo 11 and have decided to put in a garmin striker 5cv fishfinder ive ordered a ram mount transducer mount and ram mount bracket to hold the sounder I’m just after some advice in regards to where people have mounted there sounder on the revo 11 and where abouts the ran there wires through into the hull. I am thinking of mounting both just in front of the right hand side storage pocket but just want a bit of encouragement before I go drilling holes in my new baby.
Any pics of your mounted fishfinders would be greatly appreciated

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:21 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Something to consider. On my Oasis I mounted that same transducer inside the hull using the Garmin “Kayak In-hull Transducer Mount”. I lightly sanded the hull and cleaned with rubbing alcohol before installing. It is still there working great after 5 years and I cannot notice any difference in display details versus when I had it rube-goldberged out back.

Peter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:47 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I have a Revo 11 and i mounted my transducer inside the front hatch. It shoots right through the hull. I smooshed it down into a glob of electricians duct seal and zip tied it to the sail mast. Its been 2 years now and it hasn’t moved an inch. I ran the wires through the hull into the mesh pocket on the left side. The way i set my yak up the finder is mounted to a gear track that i installed on the left side.

You can get duct seal for less than $5 at HD, Lowes, etc.

~JOE~