Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:02 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Well, yesterday was reserved for Central VA HOW and some time on the water with the veterans. Unfortunately, the air and water temps were not as warm as we had hoped, so the vets had to cancel. Some of the CVAHOW crew were still interested in fishing, so Tina, James and I agreed to still meet at the original location of Bear Creek Lake and make a day of it.

The winds were blowing pretty good all day and made boat position a little challenging for all of us. Regardless of whether you opt for paddle or pedal, wind will limit the amount of fishing time you have simply due to boat positioning and re-positioning. I haven't ordered my anchor trolley yet, but I can see it in the very near future :lol: :lol: . Don't get me wrong, I love pedaling my Hobie, but I too love the simplicity of just sitting in one spot to really work it over good.

I did use my YakAttack Park-n-Pole a few times, but the wind would push me off of a spot and pull the pole loose in the end.

Anyway, it was a fun day with friends with several fish landed - nothing stellar or monstrous like some of you have been catching but still fish were caught.......and a couple of surprises along the way.......check it out!!

Hitting for Average........

Enjoy!

PowerTeam Lures - deadly on bass!!! use promo code "HANOVER" at checkout for a 15% discount

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:14 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Looks like you had a great time. I enjoy going with a group of friends as well. Who else are you going to brag to when you catch a nice fish :D

1 other kayak for son